Thursday, September 27, 2012

Vegan banan pancakes

Yesturday a friend posted a recipe on her Facebook page (HEALTHY FAMILIES~HAPPY FAMILIES) for some simple and easy pancakes.  Her version was simply bananas and eggs! Wow easy!  I thought there must be a way to make a simple vegan alternative, and that was what I set out to do.  Now I admit my version has a couple more steps, but it is still simple, and so very yum!

Here is how to make yours!

Ingredients (for one serving)
I T spelt flakes
1/2 t baking powder
1 T ground flax seed
Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
1 banana
2 T almond milk
1 T vanilla

Steps

Place all dry ingredients in your magic bullet and blend to the consistency of flour.Place dry ingredients in a bowl.  Fill magic bullet with banana, almond milk and vanilla, blend until smooth.  Pour wet over dry and mix until just combined.  Now here is the key, let the batter rest for 10 mins while you drink your coffee check out what is happening on my Facebook page, and comment on all the great recipes I post for you (ego boost!) Once your batter is rested, the spelt has softened, and the flax has been activated as the binding agent, cook like normal people make pancakes, hahah! Had to add that cause my son asked me this morning as I made these "if I was making pancakes the way Normal people did!".

I had mine with earth balance, and organic maple syrup, with a side of berries.  this is a plain batter, but the flavor combos are endless.  Imagine; peanut butter and chocolate chip, blueberries, mixed berry, which one will you try?




Blog Archive