Friday, August 19, 2011

Quinoa and Black rice salad

I was debating whether or not I should call this the "wing it" salad, cause literally that is what i did. I was making this salad for my Grandfathers Memorial this weekend and the original plan was to do a cous cous tex mex salad, but I couldn' t find cous cous at costco, so I decided on a quinoa recipe I was given that I realy like, but forgot to buy the mint and did not have enough rice vinegar, SOOOOO, this is what I made. Not to toot my own horn but it did turn out good enough that I thought I should share.

Ingredients
* 1 cup quinoa cooked as per bag instructionstt
* 1/2 cup black rice cooked as per bag instructions
* 4 cups finely chopped veggies from the garden or farmers market ( I had cherry tomatoes, green onion, cucumber, carrots, and a baby eggplant that I roasted)
Dressing
* juice from a large lemon strIned through a coffee filter or cheese cloth
* 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
* about 4 tbsp omega oil
* 1 tbsp grainy dijon mustard
* 2 tsp each garlic and onion flakes
* salt and pepper to taste

Steps
Cook and cool quinoa and rice
Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl
Combine dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake
Pour dressing over salad, mix, chill, the longer the better.
Enjoy!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Blog Archive