Friday, February 10, 2012

Challenge Worthy Recipe - Eggless salad wraps

I LOVE Egg Salad Sandwiches.  They always remind me of the triangle ones that the elderly ladies at church used to make for the Sunday Brunches.  The only problem with those sandwiches?  They are LOADED with fat and calories, and not really a great idea for those of us on the challenge trying to get rid of muffin tops.  So I hit the net, and my cook books looking for a recipe that I could make.  All the ones I found had vegan mayo, or nutritional yeast in the recipe.  I didn't have either, but here is what I did have; 1/4 block of regular tofu, dijon mustard, green onion, paprika. celery, cucumber, garlic and onion powder, pepper, wraps, lettuce and Alfalfa!


Loading up the wrap!
Ingredients

1 stalk celery finely diced
1 tbsp finely chopped cucumber
1 finely chopped green onion
1/4 package of regular tofu crumbled
1/2 an Avocado mashed
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
Sprinkle to taste pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder.

Steps

Mix everything together with a fork, making sure that all the tofu is finely crumbled.
Pile it in your Whole grain wrap with lettuce, and alfalfa
Fold up your wrap and ENJOY!

The Finished Product!
  It was so good I almost didn't get a picture!

Blog Archive