I love hummus! It is a great protein packed dip that can be changed up SO many different ways. It can be a dessert, a starter or a meal! It is so cheap to make too, I stock up on chick peas when they are on sale for $.97! So Enjoy and make sure you try all the variations too!
- 1 can chick peas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini (omit if there are sesame allergies)
- 1/4 cup olive or omega oil
- 3 - 4 cloves of garlic
- Put everything in a blender or food processor.
- Blend on high to desired texture.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Spicy Hummus - make as above, add 2 tsp of your favorite hot sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper and Feta - make as above, add 2 tbsp of caned roasted red pepper to blender, place mixture in oven proof dish, crumble feta on top, broil on med. until warmed.
- Roasted Garlic - omit raw garlic from above and replace with a roasted garlic.
- Italian Pesto - make as above, add 2 tbsp of your favorite clean pesto.
- Sweet Cinnamon - omit garlic from above, add 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 cube almond tofu.
- Hummus will keep in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for a couple days, so make double the batch and enjoy it at a couple meals.