Tuna salad doesn't have to be boring, and plain. Try some of the variations too!
- 1 can flake light tuna
- 1/2 apple diced
- 1/2 stalk celery diced
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mayo (or Olive oil if you are watching your waist)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Place tuna in a large bowl, flake apart with a fork.
- Add other ingredients and mix.
- fill mini pitas and ENJOY!
- Spicy Tuna - omit the apple from above, add a pinch of crushed chili peppers
- Greek Tuna - omit the apple from above, add finely diced tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, black olives and crumpled feta.
- Garlic Tuna - add 1 tsp crushed garlic ( or 2 cloves roasted garlic) then stay FAR AWAY from everyone! But it is SOOO GOOD!
- Pesto Tuna - omit apple, add a tbsp of your favorite pesto.
- Roasted Red Pepper - omit the apple, add 2 tbsp of chopped canned red pepper with a little of the oil.