When you need to warm up on a cold day, there is NOTHING better than a hearty bowl of Chili. This is my Favorite recipe for Chili, it is super low fat, super healthy and super filling! Plus, it is a Crock Pot recipe, MY FAVORITE KIND!
- 1 can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 can no salt added stewed tomatoes
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 med cooking onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 bell peppers diced (I like to use a couple different colours)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 med zucchini diced
- 1 pkg Mexican Veg. ground crumbled
- Crushed Chili peppers to taste (optional)
- In a large fry pan, saute onion, garlic, carrot, peppers, celery and zucchini until soft.
- Add all ingredients to your crock pot. Set at low for 6 hours.
- If you like it SUPER SPICY add in some crushed chili peppers.
- Top each bowl with a tbsp of low fat plain yogurt, sliced green onion, and a Low fat cheese.
- Serve and ENJOY!