Friday, February 25, 2011

What are you waiting for?


I am still not sure why I waited so long to start getting back into shape.  Was I really going to use the "I just had a baby" excuse forever.  My son was 3 years old when I finally started to drop some pounds.  He was NOT a baby anymore.  As I look back at how worn out and sick I was, I wish someone had asked me "What are you waiting for?  Don't you want to feel better? Or do you enjoy feeling like this?"  For me it was a mental block, I was negative about myself,and I never thought after 3 kids in 3 years I would ever look good ever again.  I convinced myself not to try, and sat around waiting for the simple answer to weight loss.  Once I realized that sitting around "waiting" was getting me no place and FAST! ( I was up to 198 lbs!!), something happened.  I decided to stop waiting, to get up and do something, I took small steps, had a group of people to motivate me, and started pushing myself to feel better.

Starting this Accountability group has been a great motivator for me as well (and we haven't even had a meeting yet, LOL).  I have gotten so many great emails from people saying thank you, telling me how excited they are, and asking about my story.  Like everything thing in life there is always some downs though.  I have gotten emails saying "I am just going to wait a bit".  I understand that a group meeting isn't for everyone, or perhaps the idea of doing the Challenge with everyone is intimidating.  But trust me when I say, DON 'T WAIT!  We aren't here forever so make the most of the time you have.  Keep yourself healthy, and live longer, and enjoy that life.  Take care of yourself so you can take care of the ones you love.  If you are always feeling tired and sick, how are you to enjoy your kids extreme amounts of energy?  I know when I slack on my diet, and miss the gym I have a hard time keeping up with them.  I remember those days when I was 60 lbs heavier and always sore and tired, and I really don't wan to go back there, ever! 

So when your ready, make the decision to take care of yourself. 
But just remember
"What are you waiting for?" 

Blog Archive