OK, I know what you are thinking. How can something that grows in rotting matter be a super food? Well, there are actually all kinds of great ways this super food can help you.
- Mushrooms are so meaty you can use them as a meat alternative to cut down on calories and fats.
- They have been shown to powerful in the fight against cancers and heart disease. Shitake, enokitake, maitake, and oyster mushrooms have been shown especially beneficial against cancers.
- They are a rich source of nutrients including B12 ( usually lacking in vegetarian diets, or those how don't eat red meats), potassium, phosphorus, protein and fiber.
- Add them to salads, pasta sauce, soup, stir-fries, casseroles or pizza.
- Eat them on there own with your carrots and celery and hummus dip.
- Buy dehydrated mushrooms to always have some o hand. Simply pour boiling water over them, let them sit for 30 mins, then they are hydrated. Don 't throw out the water, it is a great base for soups, cooking rice and quinoa.
Portabella Mushroom Burger
I will continue the series on Monday with YOGURT!
See you back then.