These are simple to make, easy to transport and yummy! This is my take on a recipe I found in Tosca Reno's Eat clean diet recharged book. Kids like them too, AND THEY ARE NO BAKE!!!
- 3/4 cup dried fruit (look for un sweetened)
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup natural pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 4 plain rice cakes ( brown rice)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup agave nectar OR honey
- 1/2 cup almond butter at room temp. OR Soya butter
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Place dried fruit and all seeds (except sesame) in a food processor. Process until crumbly.
- Add remaining ingredients (except sesame) and process until mixture is of even consistency
- Using a tablespoon scoop mixture and shape into balls, ensure they are well packed.
- Roll each ball in sesame seeds. Set on a platter and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Makes 24 balls, 1 ball is one serving.