Over the next couple days I am going to be running a serious on some of the wonderful super foods I have come to know and love and the benefits they have on our health. I am going to start today with Flax seeds. We will be discussing the health benefits of each food, how to use them and a recipe or 2 for each of them.
- Improved Digestion - With just 2 tablespoons a day you can help eliminate the 5 to 25 pounds of waste that studies show we can carry in our colon. The high fiber little seed helps move things along
- Improved Cardiovascular System - Most likely due to the omega-3 fatty acids, Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA), fiber and lignans that are present that help reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering elevated blood fat, and reducing blood pressure.
- Anti Cancer Properties - Consuming more flaxseed and laying off industrial fats found in packaged and refined foods helps to restore a health balance of Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Use flaxseeds to get the full benefit of the lignans which are not present in the flaxseed oil.
- Flax seeds must be ground in order to release their full nutritional benefits. Whole seed simple pass directly through your system.
- Ensure to store the ground seeds in the fridge to prevent them from going rancid. If the seeds smell foul they are rancid, throw them away.
- Garnish oatmeal, yogurt, salads, home baked goods.
Simple Power Balls