I love to cook, and experiment with different spice combo's so when I really enjoyed doing the resurch for this blog post. There are many different spices with MANY different uses, but I would like to touch on a few of my favorites.
Capsicum ( Hot pepper)
- Includes - chili pepper, paprika and cayenne
- capable of increaseing body heat as it is digested, which is called thermogenesis and it stimulates your metabolism.
- can help you maintain an elevated metabolic rate for up to 90 mins!
- helps boost the mobilization of fat in the abdominal area.
- Uses - spice up your meat rubs, sauces, and stir fries!
- one of the most used spices.
- garlic causes powerful muscle contraction in the digestive track, called peristalsis, that help loosen and rid the body of unwanted fats.
- has been shown to help emulsify fatty clumps, reduce blood-fat levels, and is being tested in possible implications for weight loss.
- Uses - to be honest I don't think there is anything you can't use garlic for!
- I was not 100% sure where to put this so it ended up here. Quinoa is actually a seed, so those who are gluten intolerant can eat it.
- contains twice as much protien as other cereal grains,and the carbs in this grain are release slowly helping to combate cravings and binges.
- lower in carbs, and contains loads of healthy fats, iron, calcium, phosphorus, manganese and copper.
- Uses - use as a side dish instead of rice, add you your oatmeal, great on salads.