Tuesday, March 22, 2011

RECIPE - Whole Wheat Banana Muffins


I made these with all the kids yesterday and they turned out great.  I got the recipe from a daycare parent who's child has a lot of allergies, they are egg and milk free.  I will give you her exact recipe with my changes in brackets.  It works either way.

Ingredients
  • 4 cups Whole Wheat flour
  • 1/2 c sugar (honey)
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 mashed bananas
  • 1 cup applesauce (vanilla rice milk)
  • 2/3 cup vegetable oil.
Steps
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  3. In a separate bowl mash bananas and add wet ingredients
  4. Mix wet into dry, then place in lined muffin tins (I did 12 mini and 12 large muffins).  For some extra umph in the healthy department sprinkle flax and chia on top before baking.
  5. Bake for 15 - 20 mins.
  6. Cool and enjoy!

Blog Archive