Adapted from Fitness Magazines - 7 minute Booty Boot Camp, as well as a couple of my favorites.
We all know the saying "Buns of steel", But how do we get them. Do you need fancy equipement? Hours of squats, countless hours on the "Stairmaster"? Your Glutes are one of the largest muscle groups in your body, so it is important to build them up. Here are a few great moves to get them looking HAWT in your favorite jeans!
Minutes 0:00-1:00Targets: Gluteus Maximus and Medius, Quadriceps, Hip Abductors
- Stand with feet wider than hip-width apart, toes turned out.
- Squat down until thighs are parallel to floor.
- Hold for 3 counts.
- Next bend knees to lower 4 more inches.
- Come up to the point where your thighs are parallel and hold for 3 counts.
1:00-2:30Targets: Gluteus Maximus, Hip Abductors
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, right arm reaching toward ceiling.
- Extend right leg back and lift 5 to 7 inches, knee facing floor and toes pointed.
- Lower and repeat 15 times.
- Do 15 reps with your knee facing out to the right.
- Repeat on left.
3:30-4:30Targets: Gluteus Maximus and Medius, Hamstrings
- Get down on all fours and lift right leg to hip height with foot flexed, knee bent 90 degrees.
- Extend leg as if you were stamping an imprint of your sole on the ceiling.
- Return leg to hip height and repeat for 30 reps; switch sides.
4:30-6:00Targets: Gluteus Medius, Hip Adductors
- Lie faceup with knees bent, feet hip-width apart.
- Lift butt and bring knees together.
- Hold for 2 counts, release knees, and lower butt to just 1/2 inch above floor.
- Repeat 30 times.
- Without coming down, do one more round of 30 with knees apart.