Monday, April 4, 2011

Meatless Monday!


Has anyone Else's grocery bill more than doubled over this last year??  I am a person of routine so I almost always buy the same foods,and I ALWAYS shop the flyer's.  I have been trying to find a way to keep costs manageable, without sacrificing healthy food choices, cause lets face it the grocery bill is CRAZY!! I have been trying to shop for more bulk items at the bulk store, fill the pantry when items are on sale only, and limit my fresh food choices to only items that are on sale, but still I find my bill is growing!  I was stumped, then I got an email from one of the cooking web sites I subscribe to.  The email suggested "Meatless Monday!" WOW, why didn't I think of that!  Of course, my largest cost is the meat.  I have a family of 4 large and growing boys who LOVE meat (with the exception of my youngest, but on chicken drumstick night, LOOK OUT!).  I can easily cook and serve 1 and a half trays of the family size meat pack per meal, and when we have chicken legs at least 2!  This is NOT cheap, even when the meat is on sale for 1/2 price.  So Mondays are now Meatless!  Last Monday we did veg. felafel's, this week we are trying a pasta dish.  Both really healthy and clean, and still really tasty.

Help reduce your bill, Try these Meatless dinner ideas.
Do you have a meatless dinner idea? Please Share, Ideas are always Welcome!

Blog Archive