This one does take some effort, but it is worth it!
- 1 head cabbage, peeled and boiled until soft.
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cooking onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 med carrots grated
- 1 large can puree tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp each garlic and onion powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed chillies
- In a large skillet saute onions, garlic and grated carrots until soft. Add in black beans and rice, mix.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow to cool so you can handle it.
- In a large bowl whisk together puree tomatoes, Worcestershire, lemon juice garlic and onion powder, and crushed chillies, set aside.
- Roll your bean mixture into the cooked cabbage leaves, ensure to roll tight and tuck the ends in. Place your rolls in a slightly oiled baking sheet.
- Pour tomato sauce over the rolls
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour, OR freeze now and cook later.