Thursday, May 12, 2011

"Cutting the Crap" Hangover!

I have heard more than once that people are afraid to start a clean diet, or do a system clean because of the "hangover" you get from eating all those chemically induced foods.  I have been reading Tosca Reno's new book "The Eat Clean Diet Stripped" and I discovered her top 10 list for helping with this, so I thought I would share. 


  1. Practice relaxation techniques - such as yoga and quiet meditation.
  2. Get Physical by working out at a moderate intensity
  3. DRINK WATER AND LOTS OF IT!
  4. Increase your fiber, think about it fiber cleans you out.  This will help get rid of the stuff faster, just make sure you drink LOTS OF WATER!
  5. Don't skip meals!  Keep your metabolism moving by eating regularly scheduled meals
  6. Get your vitamins and minerals by eating a well balanced diet.  You may want to take a multi as well to ensure you do get everything you need.  Try this one - Multi for Men or Women to make sure you are really getting the vitamins and minerals you are paying for.
  7. Drink Herbal Teas - limit caffeen, green tea is acceptable
  8. Eat a banana to increase yout electrolytes (especially if you experience diarrhea)
  9. Get a massage to encourage toxin release
  10. Get plenty of sleep
Be patient, your symptoms won't last forever.  Usually form 3 to 7 days at the most depending on how much junk foods you eat before you decided to "get clean".  If you are like me, and others I know that have changed their diet, you will wake up one morning about 7 days after you started this change and FEEL AMAZING!  Literally that is exactly what happend to me, push through the first little bit, them WOW! I feel Great!!

Blog Archive