What you need; a play structure, a block to run around, a park bench, and your water bottle.
1. 20 mins - Brisk walk or jog around the block as a warm up
2. Park-Bench DipWhat your working: Triceps, Shoulders, Core
- Sit on a bench and place your hands on either side of your hips.
- Slide your butt forward, supporting yourself with your hands.
- Bend elbows, bringing upper arms almost parallel to ground, then return to starting position.
- Keep lower back close to the bench throughout the exercise.
- Complete 12 to 15 reps.
3. Park-Bench Push-Up
What your working: Chest, Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders, Core
- Stand facing a park bench and place your hands on the seat; walk your feet out behind you until your legs are fully extended.
- Bend your arms and lower chest toward bench, then push up.
- Complete 12 reps.
- Turn around and place your hands on the ground and your feet on the bench (not shown); walk your hands forward until they're aligned under shoulders, legs extended.
- Lower chest toward ground, then push up. Complete 8 reps.
- Work up to 20 reps of each.
4. Hanging Crunch
What Your Working: Abs
- Take hold of a sturdy, low tree branch, monkey bars, or other elevated handhold, palms facing forward.
- Keeping arms fully extended, exhale as you bend your knees and bring them slowly toward your abs.
- Inhale as you slowly release.
- Do as many reps as you can, working up to 12.
5. Bench Step Ups.
What Your Working: quads, glutes, calves, abs
- Place left foot on the bench. Using your arms to help with momentum drive yourself up until you are standing on the bench.
- Step down and repeat w/ right leg. Continue alternating. Make sure to keep your stomach tight.
- For more of a challenge do this as fast as you can. Or step up with one leg for 30 seconds and then switch the other leg for 30 seconds.
What Your Working: legs, gluts, abs, back
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart and arms straight out in front of you.
- Squat down as if sitting onto a chair.
- Make sure that your knees do not come out over your toes by sticking you butt out behind you.
- Repeat 15 to 20 times
7. Stretching and Cool Down
What Your Working: Every muscle group you just worked out.
- Do a simple stretch for each area you just worked, hold each stretch for 10 to 15 seconds.
- do a light walk around your block again, then head in for a protein packed meal like a Shake, or a quinoa oatmeal!