Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dirty Lil' Tequila!!



So I realize that I just got 99% of you to check out this blog under false pretence, cause this post isn't about the vomit inducing booze, but a recipe I made for dinner the other night.  It is "dirty" because I used store bought bbq sauce (GASP! What!!! It was on sale for a really great price and there weren't any chemical preservatives, so I was safe with this one).  I picked it up when I was over at the NEW SOBEYS that just opened up the road from me. OMG, what a great store, FRESH EVERYTHING!! You feel like you are at a Market, not a grocery store, it is a totally "new" concept store,a nd it is going to make me BROKE! LOL! BBBut that is a completely different blog post altogether! Back to the recipe! 

Ingredients
  • 1/2 red onion cut into cubes
  • 2 green peppers cubed
  • 1 container mushrooms washed
  • 5 boneless skin less breasts cut into strips
  • 1 bottle of Compliments Sensations Tequila Lime Habenaro BBQ sauce
  • 16 long metal skewers
Steps
  1. Skewer onion pepper and mushrooms onto skewers, set aside
  2. Weave chicken strips onto skewers ensuring that the skewer is covered from one end to the other ( use about 3 - 5 strips / skewer), set aside.
  3. Brush the BBQ sauce over vegetable skewers, then the chicken.  Let rest in the fridge for at least an hour.
  4. Grill on the BBQ until chicken is no longer pink and the vegetables have softened.
  5. Server over a bed of spring mix as a warm salad.
  6. ENJOY!!


Blog Archive