So I realize that I just got 99% of you to check out this blog under false pretence, cause this post isn't about the vomit inducing booze, but a recipe I made for dinner the other night. It is "dirty" because I used store bought bbq sauce (GASP! What!!! It was on sale for a really great price and there weren't any chemical preservatives, so I was safe with this one). I picked it up when I was over at the NEW SOBEYS that just opened up the road from me. OMG, what a great store, FRESH EVERYTHING!! You feel like you are at a Market, not a grocery store, it is a totally "new" concept store,a nd it is going to make me BROKE! LOL! BBBut that is a completely different blog post altogether! Back to the recipe!
- 1/2 red onion cut into cubes
- 2 green peppers cubed
- 1 container mushrooms washed
- 5 boneless skin less breasts cut into strips
- 1 bottle of Compliments Sensations Tequila Lime Habenaro BBQ sauce
- 16 long metal skewers
- Skewer onion pepper and mushrooms onto skewers, set aside
- Weave chicken strips onto skewers ensuring that the skewer is covered from one end to the other ( use about 3 - 5 strips / skewer), set aside.
- Brush the BBQ sauce over vegetable skewers, then the chicken. Let rest in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Grill on the BBQ until chicken is no longer pink and the vegetables have softened.
- Server over a bed of spring mix as a warm salad.