Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Some like it HOT, Some like it Cold, But I don't reccomend it 9 days old

I made this tonight for dinner, and thought I just HAD to share.  It was inspired from side suggestion for my red curry chicken breast from a good friend.  I used Organic White quinoa, but I would think you could use, red quinoa, cous cous, rice, and probably even pasta.  I even made enough to have some leftovers as a cold salad for Lunch.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups quinoa
  • 4 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tbsp each garlic and onion chips
  • 2 med tomatoes diced
  • 3 green onions  finely chopped 
Steps
  1. Cook quinoa according to package direction
  2. Half way though cooking time add 2 tbsp olive oil, cumin, garlic and onion chips
  3. Once quinoa is finished cooking add in remaining oil, black beans, tomatoes and green onion.
  4. Stir and serve hot, or let chill and enjoy as a salad.

Blog Archive