Saturday, January 14, 2012

What's the Special Today - 400 to 600 Calorie Clean Meals

So we start the Challenge MONDAY!! Are you ready?  Do you have your vision board hung where you can see it? Your pantry cleaned out and restocked with lots of great foods?  Have you planned your meals? 

I wanted to talk about great ways to create low calorie, full nutrition meals, because who wants to live on salad and TUNA!?!  NOT ME!  Low calorie meals that really fill you up are all about balancing your proteins, fats and complex carbs.  Now before you say, HOW THE HECK AM I TO DO THAT?  I am going to give you a list of meals and some great resources to help you out.  Lets get Started!
There are SO MANY Possiblities!

400 - 600 Cal.  Meal Resources
  • Even if you aren't doing the 30 day system with me check out the Isagenix recipe page Here, and check out the "Low Cal Entrees" on the right hand side of the page.
  • Create an account on a calorie counting web site.  I like My Everyday Health.  I use it to see how much of my favorite foods add up the calorie limit I set for myself.
  • I am a huge fan of Tosca Reno and her site The Eat Clean Diet.  Take for example this recipe for Autumn Beef Stew that is only 406 Cals per serving!!  Who doesn't love a stew on a winters day.  Just be smart about it and leave the butter loaded crusty bread for the others, and try a 1/4 of a whole wheat Nan bread to keep the cals under 600 if you need to have a bread.
  • Try some vegetarian and vegan meals.  You would be surprised how many great foods you can have and awesome recipes there are that are under the 400 to 600 cal mark.  My two favorite sites are Pea's and Thank You, and the Happy Herbivore.  Check them out! 
My Favorite 400 to 600 Cal. Meals

  • 1 cup steamed Broccoli with 1 tsp olive oil drizzled on top, 6 Steamed Jumbo Shrimp, 1/2 cup Quinoa cooked with green onion, crushed chili peppers and garlic 
  • Tomato and Leek Soup (find the recipe on the new RECIpage) with 4 large homemade Whole Grain croutons
  • Vegan Stuffed Green Peppers
  • 1/2 cup brown rice, 2 cups roasted balsamic Brussels sprouts and firm tofu.
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta with a homemade roasted cherry tomatoe and garlic sauce

Those are just a few of the MANY 400 to 600 Cal. meal ideas. 
You are only as limited as your imagination.

What are your favorite Meal Ideas?

Blog Archive