Friday, February 3, 2012

Challenge Worthy Recipe - Warm Winter Salad

I was CRAVING Salad tonight.  Which is soo weird for me.  I never crave Salads in the winter, it is just too cold!  I really wanted to have something green, light, fresh and WARM.

How do you make a warm salad?  I wasn't sure, so I headed to my local grocer, and hit the Produce section for some inspiration. 

This is what I came home with; kale, organic baby greens, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, green onion, purple cabbage, sliced almonds, a bottle of Newman's Own Organic Oil and Vinegar dressing, and an idea!

Some of the things I brought home with me

I made it all in one pan, and even sauted my "Chick'n Scallopini" salad topper in the same pan.  I love when I don't have to do a lot of dishes! 
I really like these!!


The finished Salad, I added my "Chick'n" after!

Here is how to make yours;

Ingredients

1 red pepper sliced into fine strips
1/4 head of purple cabbage sliced into ribbons
1 bunch of kale washed and chopped
5 large button mushrooms sliced
3 green onions chopped
1/2 package organic baby greens
1/2 cup raw sliced almonds
2 tbsp Newmans Salad Dressing
1 tsp oilive oil

Steps.

Place your baby greens in the bottom of your salad bowl.
In a fry pan warm your Olive oil over med. low heat.
Add your peppers and red cabbage, saute until tender crisp
Add your mushrooms and toss with peppers and cabbage
Once mushrooms begin to soften add Kale, and green onions, then toss with salad dressing
Saute until heated through and Kale turns a bright green
Place your kale mixture on top of your baby greens and toss altogether.
If you like toast the almonds in your warm pan, or just leave them raw.
Cook your "chick'n" in you pan, slice and top your salad.

YUMMY!!!

Blog Archive