Wednesday, February 22, 2012

O MY GOD BUNS - A sweet and a savoury Story

Do you have kids?  If you do ask them what you do for a living.  If you ask my boys, I am a Cooker (anonymous choice), who sidelines as a laundry / dishes cleaner (according to my oldest), a toilet scrubber (says the middle man), and Just a Mom (says the youngest). 

It is true that I do spend what feels like 90 % of my time between the kitchen and the laundry room, but lets be honest here with 3 hungry, messy little men and a hungry messy big construction man in my life do I really have any choice?

The boys in my life will be the first to admit thought that they LOVE the fact that I am always creating new and ALWAYS mostly yummy things!  I am a firm believer that a way to a mans heart IS through his stomach, thus is the reason I created these O MY GOD BUNS!! 

The are simple really. I was inspired by a recipe I found on pinterest, but that recipe called for use of things we just don't eat, so I have to make it mine!  'Cause that is how I ROLL! YO!

To make these you need to turn to page 23 of you r Peas and Thank You cook book by Sarah Matheny and make her Biscuits.  I just made them plain.  If you don't have her book yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???!!!



Sweet Biscuits
Melt 2 tbsp of butter, mix in 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp nutmeg.
In a separate bowl combine 1/4 cup each brown sugar, crushed walnuts, and raisins.
Grease your bread pan
Poor 1/2 of your butter mixture in the bottom of the pan/
Sprinkle 1/2 your brown sugar mixture on top of the butter mixture.
Place your biscuits in your bread pan
Sprinkle other 1/2 of brown sugar mixture on top, then pour the rest of the butter on top
Bake at 375 for about 25 min, or until flaky and gooy!!!


Savoury Buns
Follow the same steps as above, but this time put 2 cloves of garlic, and 1 tbsp Parm. cheese in the melted butter.
Instead of a brown sugar mix, use 1/4 cup Parm. cheese, and rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and savory to taste.

Lay your Biscuits on top of your Mixtures!
Sweet Biscuits already to go in the over.
Savoury Buns all topped up and ready for the Oven
Savoury Buns!
Sticky Buns!
MMMMMM! Note that the Sweet buns didn't all make it to their photo shoot!
Now to get to my other job as a Dish Washer!
 

Blog Archive