I created this recipe the other day because I was getting really bored with the same baked salmon and I wanted to spice it up (literally). It was great the next day for a lunch too, planned leftovers, gotta love them!Hope you enjoy it!
- Salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 tsp hot pepper flakes ( or more if you like HEAT)
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt, pepper and cumin
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 - 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon.
- 4 hand fulls spring mix
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 med. red apple diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 a cucumber diced
- 2 - 3 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp of the marinade
- 3 tbsp of grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- preheat oven to 425.
- combine all ingredients for the marinade and whisk with a fork. Separate 2 tbsp for the salad dressing.
- place salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet, brush marinade on top. place in preheated oven and bake for 10 to 15 mins, or until salmon flakes when pressed with a fork. Cooking times will depend on the size of your fillet.
- in a large salad bowl combine ingredients for side salad, and toss them together.
- in a tightly sealed container mix dressing ingredients and shake.
- SERVE and ENJOY!
- I always make enough salmon to have it the next day for lunch. Either in a salad, in a clean salmon salad sanwich, or by itself with a side of salsa. Salmon is always a great leftover!