Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Let's Get Accountable!


ACCOUNTABLE - the obligation to report, explain, or justify something; responsible; answerable.



I have been so good this week, one cookie won't hurt.  Who will know.

The chances of one cookie causing you to gain a ton of weight is not very likely.  However if you have no one to help hold you accountable to your healthy lifestyle those little cheats might start happening a little more often.  I know for me I need someone to hold me accountable, to ask how I am doing, to notice when I eat the cookies.  I need to know that I have to check-in with someone, to explain and justify my food choices, and workout habits.  If I know that I will have to weigh - in in front of someone who will ask me why I gained 2 lbs this week, the chances of me eating the cookies is less likely. 

Not everyone has the time or money for a trainer, a weekly meeting, or a support group, and that is totally understandable.  You just need a good friend with an email address, or a small group of people in your situation.  You just need to know that once a week your friend is going to be expecting an email from you saying how you did and explaining or justifying why it happened.  A simple "hey I lost 2 lbs this week, was able to stay on track with my meals, and got to workout 3 times!" is all it takes.  Someone you know who will encourage you when you have a bad week to get back on the wagon, and someone who is maybe in the same place you are so you can bounce ideas and recipes off each other. 

I feel very strongly about helping others, and I want to be able to help people to connect to others who are going through or have already been through similar things.  That was why I helped set up the "Let's get Accountable" group. It is a simple once a month hour long meeting, to check in with a group of people that are in the same boat you are.  No cost, just motivation!   A place to share ups and downs, hear guest speakers, and chat! The facebook page is open to everyone (and so is the meeting)  so feel free to join!

I hold you accountable to your goals this week, whatever they may be.  Be motivated to reach them, and enjoy the ups and downs of the journeys you take!

Let's Get Accountable!

Blog Archive