These are a favorite at my house. The kids all help me make them, then we enjoy a nice warm cookie as an snack with a big glass of milk! Plus there is no sugar added!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp each baking soda and baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips / raisins / cranberries / or other dried fruit chunks
- Preheat oven to 350, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a smaller bowl cream together butter, yogurt, applesauce, eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients, then fold in wet.
- Once ingredients are combined fold in chocolate chips or dried fruit (or both!)
- Using 2 teaspoons space dough balls out onto cookie sheet. These are hearty cookies so I don't recommend making them big.
- Bake for 10 - 15 mins or until lightly brown and chewy
- Cool and ENJOY!