Thursday, February 10, 2011

TGIF... um wait what day is it??



Wow, this week has been a doozer for me.  I honestly stood in front of my calendar yesterday for a good 5 mins trying to figure out what day it was. I made the wrong dinners on the wrong days, I didn't even get dinner made before Karate last night and the boys ended up having grill cheese instead.  Even this morning, I really thought it was Friday!  So I was hoping today to get everyone chatting, make this day go by a little faster so we can get to FRIDAY!  I want to chat about the ups and downs of healthy living.  What do you struggle with, what have you accomplished, what do you need help with, what are your strengths?  It is important to ask others for help when we need, but also to "brag" about the things we have accomplished. 

I will start.  I have struggling with meal prep this week.  I am finding I have lost the energy I need to really enjoy getting in the kitchen like a normal do.  Perhaps it is the cold I am fighting, or the exhaustion from my little guys never sleeping catching up to me, but this week, this is my struggle.  Normally I love to be in my kitchen, it is my space, my time, but this week, not so much!  I need a new recipe or something NEW to motivate me!  On the other side of the coin, something I am proud to have accomplished, I wore a bikini at a public pool for the first time in 7 years!  Yep last Sunday we took the boys out the the wave pool, and I wore a little top and a little bottom!  I was a little uncomfortable at first, but then I realized, yes I have some stretchmarks, but once I stood back from the full length mirror a little I was so happy. I looked at  the shape of my body and I no longer cared!  My abs workout is showing results, my back is trim, and I no longer have "muffin top"!  For the first time in a long time I was proud of myself!  That moment has been such a great motivator to keep pushing myself at the gym!



So those are some of my ups and downs, I hope you will take some time to share yours.

Blog Archive