Thursday, February 3, 2011

Where Does it come from?

Last night I dropped Austin off at his Karate in my workout capri's.  Master John came up to me, shook my hand and asked if I was going to do my work out?  I told him that I was going to go the gym next store to do my run.  We went on to talk about the many different excuses people use to allow themselves to be unfit (I don't mean body builder fit, just healthy), and what he has learned in his years teaching classes.  His last question to me was "Where does the desire come from?"  Honestly I didn't know how to answer, I really don't know "where it came from", there where many factors and decisions that led me to the place I am now.  It was a serious of choices both good and bad that lead me to the gym, that lead me to eat better, that lead me to this blog even.  Each day we have to decide, we have to make choices and we have to consider the consequences of those we make.  Why do we complain about our weight, then go eat some chips?  Why do we say we never have the energy, but then stay up late to watch that show we just can't live without.  Why do we complain that there isn't any time, but not take a moment to establish a schedule and see that there is plenty.  Why do we decide to use excuses instead of actually doing anything?  So I ask you "Where does the desire come from?" What excuse stands in your way?

Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure.  ~Don Wilder and Bill Rechin

Blog Archive