It can be so hard to make sure we are getting all the vitamins, minerals and calories we need in a day. And lets be honest, how many of us realize at 11:30 a.m. that we have yet to take a second for breakfast? This is why I love to snack, which can be both good and bad. If I don't take the time to prep meals ahead of time I will eat whatever is handy in the fridge (usually good stuff, but NOT always), so with a little prep work you can have all kinds of great snacks on had to munch. Here is a list of my FAV on the go snacks.
- celery sticks and 10 walnuts
- 1/2 berries and 12 almonds
- 1/2 of my "power oatmeal"
- smoothie ( I have a magic bullet so I make a couple a head of time, put the lids on and store them in the fridge.)
- homemade power bars ( I will post the recipe)
- Apple slices and 12 almonds sprinkled in Cinnamon