This can be eaten warm, right away or chill over night and eat the next day, either way it is super good.
- 2 cups uncooked Whole Wheat CousCous
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 med apples diced
- 3 green onions diced
- 2 med carrots shredded
- 1/2 c slivered almonds
- Juice from 1/2 a ruby red grapefruit
- 1 cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh finely chopped parsley
- In a large heat proof bowl with lid add couscous and boiling water. Cover and let stand until couscous has absorbed all the water. Then fluff with a fork.
- Add chickpeas, cranberries, apples, carrots, green onions, and almonds to the bowl.
- In a mason jar combine grapefruit juice, olive oil, salt pepper and parsley. Shake well.
- Pour dressing over the couscous, mix, serve now for a warm side dish, or cool in the fridge for the next day.
- This is great the next day cold, add a can of Tuna for a complete lunch.