Monday, March 7, 2011

RECIPE - Oatmeal "Breaded" Chicken.



This chicken turned out SO yummy!  The recipe came about when I promised my little people nuggets, but had no flour in the house.  To be honest I think I will continue to make them this way, they turned out really good.  I have since tried this on fish, beef schnitzel, chicken wings ( added a tbsp of my spicy rub to the oats), and pork chops.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 tsp parsley
  • 4 chicken breasts chopped into cubes
Steps
  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Line a baking sheet with pparchment paper
  2. Rinse and pat dry the chicken.
  3. Combine everything (except chicken) in blender or bullet.
  4. Pulse until mixture is the consistency of flour.
  5. Place mixture in a ziploc, add chicken, shake to coat.
  6. Space evenly on the baking sheet, bake for 30 to 45 mins, or until chicken is no longer pink.

Blog Archive