Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tropical Sunshine



After reading over and over again about all you lucky people escaping this frozen north if even just for a week, I started to have a pity party.  I want to be warm and fuzzy (from RUM, not Sweaters) sipping a beautiful drink! So in an attempt to pretend like I am some place warm I made this smoothie, cranked the heat,and sat on my couch in a pool of sunshine, even though I have yet to venture any place that remotely resembles a resort, this is how I picture it!

Ingredients
  • 4- 5 frozen mango chunks
  • 4 - 5 frozen pineapple chunks
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 scoop whey powder ( plain or vanilla)
  • 1/4 cup vanilla soya / almond milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tbsp chia seed
Steps
  1. Put everything in your magic bullet or blender, blend until smooth.  CRANK THE HEAT, AND ENJOY!!
  2. I think once it is patio weather I am going to OMIT the Milk and ADD the RUM!

Blog Archive