Ants on a LOG
- 5 stalks celery
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Cut the celery stalks in half. Spread with peanut butter. Sprinkle with raisins.
- 5 large strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cantaloupe, cut into balls or cubes
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 apple, cut into chunks
- 20 skewers
Thread the strawberries, cantaloupe, banana and apple pieces alternately onto skewers, placing at least 2 pieces of fruit on each skewer. Arrange the fruit skewers decoratively on a serving platter.
Blueberry Oatmeal Squares
Note: You can use raisins instead of blueberries to make cinnamon-raisin oatmeal squares.
- 1½ cups oats
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons apple sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and cut into squares.