Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A not so sublte kick in the (omg these are tight) pants

So summer is coming to a close, the kids are off to school, the air is cool and it is time to get those jeans back on. Well, maybe not those jeans...

I started out this summer with the "I worked hard so I deserve it" attitude, and boy did it backfire! You see, not only have I packed on a couple (times 5) too many pounds, but I am hurting. I feel slugish, my stomach has been hurting again and I put my back out again 2 weeks ago. All because I didn't take the time to maintain my core strength, I enjoyed way to many bevies (I have learned that even if you mix your vodka with organic sugar free lemonade, it still contains a TON of calories, fyi), and munched away at BBQ after BBQ. Don't get me wrong it was an amazing summer, I am just paying for it now. I had a ton of reasons why I couldn't workout,and even in hindsight I can't figure out a way I could have done it any differenty. It was busy to say the least.

It was a good life lesson though. I seem to be a bit of an extremist sometimes (anyone that really knows me just shook their head in agreement)
I went over the deep end with the working out, healthy eating and whatnot. I got to the point where I was sick of it and how consumed I had become, so I rebelled, and headed in the complete opposite direction. Hence the tight pants! So I have learned that I dont need to pump iron 4 times a week, I just need to move more often, I can still have a bevie, just not as much, I can still BBQ, I just don't need all the munchies! I just need to balance my life, and enjoy it!

So heres my plan:
30 min workout at naptime every other afternoon. - get my back better so I can still race in October
Include more vegan food choices in my daily menu - get my stomach better
Do some P90x with my hubby - to make sure we look good for each other ;)
Continue running - cause I love it, and the company is nice

So, that is my plan. I am going to get rid of the pounds and this time, it stays off!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Blog Archive