Monday, September 5, 2011

Twas the night before school....

Twas the night before school and all through the house not a child was stirring, it is only my mouse.

The back packs were hung by the door with great care,
In hopes that the school bus soon would be there.

The children where all nestled snug in there bed
While visions of new friends danced in their heads
I in my yoga's and poppa in his loungers had justy settled in for an evening of tube.

When out in the kitchen there arose such a clatter,
I slumped from the couch to see whats the matter
Away to the fridge I flew with a flash,
Holy crap did I put kiwi in my sons stash?

So much to be done to get ready for this night
But I would do it again without any fight,
Just to be garunteed a couple hours to myself
Thank god for nap time and afternoon school.

This year I say goodbye to all three,
I no longer have my baby with me.
I would be a lier if I said I wasn't excited.
My little man need this more than I do.

But alas, this is it, the end of our summer,
And yes I will say it is kinda a bummer
Hope you enjoyed the hot sunny days,
Now to nap and catch up on those zzzzzzzzzzzzz........
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Blog Archive