Friday, October 28, 2011

Breakfast in the form or a cookie......

My boys are CEREAL OR OATMEAL ONLY kinda breakfast people. Very rarely do I get asked or better yet am I allowed to make something else. They are creatures of routine (not that I have engraved that in their little heads or anything). It does make planning breakfast a lot easier I guess, but sometimes, a little variety is fun too! I found the idea for this recipe on CBC's Steven and Chris show. If you go to their web site you can find the original idea under Quinoa cookies. I just kind threw some ingredients together, so I am going to try my best to give you the right list!

* 4 over ripe bananas mashed
* 2 cups oats
* a handful raisons
* couple dashes of cinnamon and fresh ground nutmeg
* 1 cup cooked quinoa. The second batch I made I forgot this and it was still really good.

Mix everything together in a bowl, drop onto cookie sheet, and bake in 350 oven for 25 to 30 min (or until center of the cookie is no longer mushie)

Let them cool before you sample them, trust me the banana chunks get VERY hot!
My boys and all the daycare kids loved them. And because they are pretty much free from most allergines they are safe for school, and all those poor kids with allergies.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Blog Archive