Thursday, October 6, 2011

Here You have em, Pumkin Quinoa Muffins / Cookies

So for a minute there I thought I lost this recipe! I had scribbled some things down on a scrap of paper, and the recipe was on the back, and I thought I threw it out. I looked everywhere, turns out, it was in my Peas and Thank You recipe book, phew! So all of youv that are wait forvthis one here ya go!

To make the muffins follow the recipe as is, put it in the muffin tins, cook, cool and love! If you want cookies, add more flour ir a handful of oats, drop them on a cookie sheet, cook, cool and mmmmmm delish!

Ingredients
*2/3 cup whole wheat flour
*2/3 cup un bleached all purpose flour
*1 tsp baking powder
*1/2 tsp baking soda
*1/2 tsp salt
*1 tsp cinnamon
*1 tsp ginger
*1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
*1/2 tsp freshly gratee nutmeg
*1/4 cup brown sugar
* substitute for 2 large eggs (4 tbsp ground flax and 1/4 cup water)
*1/4 cup apple sauce
*1/4 cup dark molasses
*1/4 cup quinoa cooked
*1 tbsp vanilla

Steps
1. Preheat ovenvto 350
2. Whisk flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in a larfe bowl
3. Whisk pumpkin, sugar, eggs subs, oil, molasses and quinoa in second bowl.
4. Fold wet into dry, without over mixing.
5. Decide weither you are doing muffins or cookies, and follow above directions.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 mins, or until the centers are no longer moist.
7. Cook, eat and enjoy!

One thing I do really want to try us baking with alternative flyers, like almond flour, coconut flour, or other protien based flours. Anyone have any advice?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Blog Archive