Tuesday, October 11, 2011

So much to be Thankful for

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving weekend. If you were fortunate enough to be anywhere near a window you got to enjoy some beautiful sunshine here! It was a wonderful weekend!

We did our bird, went on a couple walks / hikes and enjoyed some bevies on the patio (ya the patio in OCTOBER!)

I am not trying to brag here, but I made the best Turkey dinner with ALLL the fixin's, and a good friend brought over these awesome carrots and squash (which reminds me, I need that recipe). I experimented and made a really yummy sweet potato dish, some apple raison stuffing, the best ever cranbery sauce, and the best pies I have ever done! I am not normally a very good baker, so I was very impressed with myself. My bird, well it turned out to be the best one I have ever done too, I was on a roll! And all those leftovers made for a really great Turkey pot Pie. It took a lot of "get your butt outta bed before 5 am to make stuff before the daycare kids arrive" but it was worth it in the end.

I will have all the recipes up this week, cause you all know you are going to want them for your Christmas dinner, well I do at least, and everytime I put the recipes on paper they get lost someplace!

I hope everyone has a great week, and remember all the great things you have to be thankful for in your life, there are always so many.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Blog Archive