Wednesday, October 5, 2011

MmmmmmMuffins and Baking Fat!

I don't really know why but I have been baking up a storm lately! Muffins, breads, muffins, cookies, muffins, o and did I mention muffins? I get like this when the weather starts to get chilly. I feel the need to carb overload with baked goods. Ya know to pack on the winter insulation, keep warm on those long winters nights. I made Vegan carrot muffins, pumkin quinoa cookies and muffins. That bread from yesturdays post.

I want to share with you the recipe for the carrot muffins, but I used Mamma Pea's recipe from her book. I thought that may be wrong, and if I give you the recipe, you won't rush out to get the book! I did make some changes to make it "my own". I doubled the recipe but not the amounts of sugars, added dates, left out the nuts, added a teaspoon of pumpkin spice, and omitted the sugar from the icing too. They turned out amazing. I know I say that a lot, but they really did. They are I want a 4th muffin good! Serious!

Anyhow, I will share with you my quinoa recipe some time soon, cause that one is all mine! Just not yet.......

So stay tuned, and in the meantime, go get Mamma Pea's book!

Happy insulating everyone!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Blog Archive