Tuesday, October 4, 2011

No-Knead to Stress Over this Bread....



I came across the recipe for this Bread in the May 2011 issue of H&H.  The girl that wrote the article the recipe was in commented on how simple the bread really was, and how when she made it she went back to double check the recipe because she thought she did it wrong it was so simple.

It is a great base bread that you could almost anything to, and so simple you could whip it together in a pinch.  I made mine the other day with diced green onions, sun dried tomatoes and asiago cheese and garlic powder.  It was really nice. 

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups flour (I used whole wheat, but use what you have)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup buttermilk ( I googled this recipe and you can use regular, or non dairy milks too)
  • 1 tsp of the spice of your choice
  • 1/2 cup of the flavours you would like
Steps
  1. Preheat Oven to 425F
  2. Place flour, salt, & baking soda in a mixing Bowl, whisk together.  Fold in Milk spices and flavours of your choice.
  3. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface and roll around to lose stickiness.  Place dough in a greased loaf pan, score an X on top and bake for 17 to 20 mins.
** I let my bread sit out for about 30 mins before baking.  It made a large and fluffy loaf.
** I am going to try this one using Oatmeal flour, raisins, apples cinnamon and a little honey, for a breakfast loaf, I will let you know how it goes!

Blog Archive