Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Super fun Halloween treats!

I hope you weren't expecting a healthy version of a Halloween treat. If you are, sorry. These are fun, yummy treats, that contain sugar (gasp!) and lots of it (GASP!). I made these for the kids at my son's birthday instead of giving them a loot bag full of dollar store junk that just falls apart and breaks! Everyone in my family loved them, yes I even shared them with the kids! They are pretty simple to make, but they can be time consuming, so this isn't something you take on "day of".

Here's how you make them.

Make your rice crispies according to your favorite recipe. Roll it out onto a cookie sheet so it is about 1/2 inch thick. I used a piece of parchment paper to make sure the pin didn't stick.

I froze my crispies at this point, once they were chilly, they are easier to cut out. Using the cookie cutter shape of your choice, cut the shapes out and insert the popsicle sticks. I froze them again at this point overnight.

In a double boiler heat the chocolate chips, I used white chocolate waffers for my ghosts. Once the lumps are gone and the muxture is smooth, start dipping the crispies on a stick in. Garnish with your choice of fun, I did chippettes for ghost eyes.

I froze my ghosts for 3 days before the party, and they were yummy!

LOTS OF GHOSTLY FUN!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Blog Archive