Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What is that saying??

"Busy life, Busy Wife?"
No, not that one...
"Kids too tired, Mommy gets fired?" 
Nope....
"I try to take one day at a time - - but sometimes several days attack me at once." - Jennifer
YA, THAT ONE!!

So I have been missing for a couple days, But I really did not realize that many days had gone by!  At least is isn't weeks this time! 

I wanted to share with you a recipe that I found (then made my own version of) on a great blog I was introduced to Oh She Glows!  It was a recipe for 15 Min Creamy Avocado Pasta.  I made mine according you her recipe, I added an extra garlic clove, and used Brown Rice pasta though. 

The big difference for me was the "topping"  I knew that if I just served the pasta "as is" to my family of boys, there would not be enough PROTEIN!!  So to solve this problem this is what I did....

  • Chop a block of firm tofu into small cubes, place on a baking sheet.
  • Clean and de stem a hand full or too of cherry tomatoes, place on the same baking sheet as the tofu.
  • Drizzle in olive oil, sprinkle with pepper and sea salt.
  • Stir to combine, then arrange in a flat layer on the baking sheet.
  • Bake in a 350 oven until the tomatoes have popped and the to tofu begins to firm.
  • Spoon a little mixture onto each of the bowls of pasta, ENJOY!
Now I know everyone IS NOT the biggest fan of tofu like Little Man and I am.  So if you are a meat eater, use some leftover chicken breast, or try some chick peas.  Or perhaps try a different combination of veggies, like roasted peppers and zucchini, mmm that would be great!  You just HAVE to try the sauce, it is SOOO good, and SOO simple!  So click over and give it a go! 





Blog Archive