Saturday, November 26, 2011

In the RAW!!

Have you heard of this?  In the Raw "craze", there are videos, books, facebook pages, websites, you name it.  All devoted to Raw Vegan Cooking. What did you think I was going to talk about naked people?? Goodness me ;)!!  I have been reading up on all kinds of different ways to eat yourself healthy, and this was one of the ways I came across.  I am sure I will be testing out all kinds of the recipes so stay tuned....

I found a recipe for Raw vegan cookies, and before you ask, no it isn't gross or a good way to get food poisoning (VEGANS DON'T EAT EGGS REMEMBER!!).  I have a group of  guinea pigs FRIENDS that I test recipes out on, and all them looked at me as if I was trying to kill them off with raw eggs, until I sarcastically  kindly reminded them that I said "VEGAN"!   They are just these really yummy chewy healthy cookies, that even the kids loved.  I found the original recipe for these wonderful Pecan Spice Cookies on One Green Planet, but of course I didn't follow it to the letter.  So here is how I made it my own. 

Pecan Spice Delight Cookies
Ingredients:



■1 cup raw pecans, 1/2 cup raw Almonds

■1/4 cup each ground flax and chia seed

■pinch salt

■1/2 teaspoon ginger powder

■1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

■1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

■1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

■1/2 cup raisins

■10 dried dates soaked in 2 tbsp hot water and 2 tbsp apple sauce until softer

Preparation:



1.Process all of the ingredients, except for the raisins and dates, in a food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, until coarsely ground.

2.Add the raisins and dates (with the apple sauce soak) and continue processing until the mixture begins to stick together when pressed between your fingers.

3.Roll and form into desired shapes and sizes.

4.Let rest in the fridge for about 20 mins to an hour to firm up.

Blog Archive