Friday, November 25, 2011

Weekend Recipes! Day 1

Thank you for letting me vent yesterday, I am feeling like a new women today.  It is the First day of the rest of my life!  I am drinking my coffee black (GASP!!), wearing my O MY GAWD How did these get so tight jeans (without suffocating, just muffin tops now!), and challenging myself to a back to back cleanse day!  Yep Day 2!  And I am going to ROCK IT!!  (and to my Isacouches, if you read this, I CAN"T GIVE UP MY COFFEE ON CLEANSES DAYS!! I AM SORRY!!!  So I do an extra cleanse drink at night to help out!)
How many feel like they are on an emotional roller coaster reading my blog??   Be honest!!We all have our moments though right?  Well I sure hope so! 

Soo, this weekend I am hoping to hit the Bulk store, gather up all kinds of great ingredients, and bake a bunch of healthy, fun snacks and breakfast foods!! 

Here are some of the things I think I will be doing....

More Stefano!
K, minds out of the gutter, I am NOT DOING THIS MAN, but HIS Yummy Granola bars!  Although he is yummy, isn't he?  Cute, can cook, lots of energy, most likely married,...... o wait I am married..... Sorry, I'm back!
Here is the link to his Coconut Cranberry Granola Bars, but here is how I made them my way!

Coconut Cranberry Granola Bars
INGREDIENTS

2 cups quick cooking oats

1 cup whole almonds

1 cup whole pecans

1/2 cup honey

1/3 cup packed brown sugar

3 tbsp. sunflower oil

2 tsp. vanilla extract

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. each Cinnamon and nutmeg

1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds (unsalted)

1/4 cup chia seeds

1/4 cup ground flax seed

2/3 cup raisins

1 cup shredded coconut, toasted


PREPARATION



Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch x 8-inch square baking pan.


Spread oats and almonds, pecans and sunflower seeds on a baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally to evenly toast. Cook the mixture until lightly golden brown and fragrant, about 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a small saucepan over medium low heat, add honey, brown sugar, sunflower oil and vanilla and spices. Heat until brown sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.


Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine sunflower seeds, flax seeds, wheat germ, cranberries and coconut. Stir in the toasted oats and almonds. Pour in the honey and brown sugar mixture. Mix with hands until mixture is thoroughly combined.


Transfer granola mixture to prepared pan, pressing firmly to an even thickness. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from pan. Cut into 9 squares.


Yield: 9 servings.

I will be back later today, or tomorrow, or maybe not till Sunday, who knows really, all part of your roller coaster ride, with another recipe on RAW vegan cookies!  I loved them, like ate way too many of them loved them.  It is all part of this Raw vegan cooking I am discovering, NO COOKING!!  Just the yummy goodness of raw fruit, veggies and plant based life forms, very interesting!

Anyway TGIF ALL!!



Blog Archive