Thursday, December 1, 2011

For the LOVE of Power Balls / Bars (You Choose)

Funny Story.  So a while back I posted a link to my blog on one of the FB pages I follow stating that there was a link to my AWESOME Power balls / bars.  So all these people came and snooped around looking everywhere on the blog for the AWESOME recipe, only to find NOTHING!! HAHAHA! Sorry, not funny, your right! And NO it was not a plot to increase my readership!! I while back Blogger had some issues (my host site) and I had lost a bunch of posts, so I am assuming that was one of them, SORRY!!  Like I promised here are my power balls, my super yummy, super filling, super protieny, balls!

This is a mixed up recipe, a combo of Tosca Reno's version, Peas and Thank You's version, a Raw Vegan Version and of course MINE! 



Ingredients




3/4 cup dried fruit (look for un sweetened, I like to use raisins, or cranberries)

3/4 cup pitted dates

1/2 cup sunflower seeds (slightly toasted in the oven)

1/2 cup natural pumpkin seeds (I toast these with the sunflower seeds)

1/4 cup flax seeds (ground)

1/2 cup rolled oats (or 1/2 cup IsaCrunch hemp seeds)

1 cup agave nectar OR honey

1 tbsp cinnamon

1 tsp nutmeg

1 tsp ground ginger (optional, but it does give them a nice HIT!)

1/2 cup almond butter at room temp. OR Soy butter  OR 1/4 cup nut butter and a 1/4 cup Coconut oil


Steps



Place dried fruit and all seeds in a food processor. Process until crumbly.

Add remaining ingredients and process until mixture is of even consistency

Using a tablespoon scoop mixture and shape into balls, ensure they are well packed.  Set on a platter and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.

OR Spread mixture evenly out on a lined baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate until set, then cut into bars.

.

Makes 24 balls, 1 ball is one serving.

So Let me know how you like them, and if you did any alterations of your own!!

Blog Archive