Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I don't say Goodbye

I don't like to say "Goodbye".  I prefer to say "see you later" or "Chat soon", because I have every intention of doing just that.
 
When we say goodbye to someone we are telling them that we don't intend on making time for them in the future, or seeing them again soon.  We are bidding them a farewell.  At least that is how I feel. 

Goodbye is a term to me that should only be used when we know we will never see that person again.  When they we leave us forever. 

I had to say goodbye to a beautiful, strong, caring women this week.  She was my Grandmother. 

I steadfast support in my life.  One of the few people in my life that love unconditionally, and took a sincere interest in my life.

A tell it like it is kinda women, who had seen more pain and hardship, than anyone I have ever know.

She was beautiful both inside and out (and not just because of her secret anti aging cream, Preparation H).

We would joke, laugh, cry and watch Wheel ( I lived with her for a year and we watched wheel like it was our religion)

She always made us all feel so special, and every visit with her was an important one.

My Last visit with her was Sunday December 4th.

We laughed, we cried, we joked, but most of all we enjoyed her being with us.

As we sat and chated about the little things in life, she turned to me with a stern look on her face and said

"At the end of your life don't have any regrets. Do what you need to to be happy, and it doesn't matter what anyone thinks." ~ ♥ Grandma Plumley ♥

That was the kind of women she was, and I am forever grateful for her.  The pain of her loss is so immense, but memories like this will get us through.

She was a beautiful Mother, Grandmother and Great Grandmother, and will forever be missed.





My Mom, Sister, Me and my Grandma.
3 of the most Beautiful Women I have ever know


For more PYHO Visit http://www.thingsicantsay.com/
 

Blog Archive