I started participating in Shell's Pour Your Heart Out a while a go. I found a place where I could get it out, and it felt so good. I realized that doing this PYHO was a great way to put on the screen the things that were eating away at me that week, and I encourage all of you to do the same. Your Challenge today is to check her out and join up. Write down anywhere (even here in the comments area if you like) something you need to Pour Your Heart Out about.
Letting Go Of The Negative
For a long time I allowed negative comments and attitudes to define who and what I was. I was negative towards others and myself. I allowed others belief in who I should be cloud who I wanted me to be. It was very hard for me to look for the good in people and in my situation, when I myself felt like people were always thinking negative about me. It is still something I struggle with a lot.
When I first started this blog I had every intention of looking forward and being positive. I wanted to start a new lifestyle, a more positive one. I had tried different angles and approaches for the blog this past year, but it always came back to the fact that I wanted to be a more positive person. I wanted to share things with others things that would encourage them, make them feel better both on the inside and the outside. I wanted to share that everyday IS "The First Day.... Of The Rest of Your Life." That you can have a new beginnings everyday, that what you did yesterday does not have to define who you are today. Just because I had a bad day yesterday and was moody and grumpy, does not mean I have to continue it into today. The choice is mine, I decide who I am today, not anyone else.
I found this little check List while I was doing some searching on the Web, and thought it had some good points. A lot of it is what I have been trying to do in my life.
How to be positive:
- Focus on what you want, not on what you do not want.
- Focus your mind on the good things you already have in your life. If you focus on them, these good things will increase in your life.
- Do not fill your mind with thoughts of lack. Think and believe that you already have abundance, success, love and happiness.
- Learn to feel, think and even act, as if you are already living the life you visualize. If you can feel, think and act consistently in this way, you will become happier, and will attract new opportunities into your life.
- Think about what you want, create a picture of it in your mind, and make it very clear and precise. Hold it there and focus on it in a positive way, until it becomes a reality in your life.
- Always tell yourself, "I can", "I am able", "I can do it", "I am a positive person".
- Often, during the day, repeat positive affirmations about what you want. Do so with faith, feelings, intention and focus.
- Look for the good in every situation. There is always something good, or at least something useful to learn, even in difficult or unpleasant situations.
- Follow your positive thoughts with positive actions.
- Always focus your mind on the full half of the cup, not on the empty half.
- Do your best to reject negative thoughts and replace them with positive thoughts.
- Be aware of your company. Choose to be around positive people.
- Read about other people's success. Read things that inspire you and make you feel good.
- Focus your mind on how to be positive and you will discover more ways to be so.
- We get what we expect to get, therefore, begin right now to expect the very best of everything that this world has to offer - and wish the same for everyone else. There is plenty of everything in the Universe for everyone, and the Universe can create more of the good things for everyone. Don't think lack, think abundance, for you and for everyone.
"Just because I am not who you want me to be
doesn't mean I am not who I want me to be"